Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine Dinner

After seeing the cards on my daughter Anne's blog, I decided to make some as well. I recently converted one of our upstairs bedrooms into an art studio, and it was a real joy to spread everything out and leave it there for a couple of days! I really had a good time.


I gave most of the cards to my family members at a Valentine Dinner I cooked for all of them. Anne and Matt came down from Portland with Megan and our grandson Jesse. Andy had to work. Kristin and Paul came and brought a good friend, Kayla. We also invited a young adult from California who was visiting Willamette University to audition for a music scholarship. It was a fun evening.

I had fun setting and decorating the table.


We started with a nice green salad, and I made a different lasagna than I've made before. It was made with an Italian sausage meat sauce, a creamy garlic sauce, and a homemade three cheese pesto. Everyone seemed to like it.


Everyone also enjoyed the homemade Italian Olive Bread that I made. We had chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert :-).

2 comments:

Craven Family said...

The food looks delicious! I am so envious of your art studio. I have a sewing project that is taking me forever to finish because I have to unpack and repack it up each evening. Sometimes it's just not worth pulling it out! In the mean time it sits in the dining room in the way of daily going-ons. Lovely. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

creative side said...

You must have been in the kitchen all day lovingly making a Valentine's dinner. Such a sweet lady.