Friday, March 25, 2011

A Fun Day at the Coast With Mom, Candy and Kate!



Kate and I drove to my Mom's and had a nice visit and trip up the coast.



The "Three Graces" (one's not in the picture) between Garibaldi and Barview







The Barview Jetty has had a pretty significant "face lift."
While Kate and I were walking around in the wind at the jetty, she turned around and caught these two clowns in the car!











There are always gulls hoping for a handout.
Farther north are "Twin Rocks," near Rockaway.











We enjoyed the coast between rain showers and sun spurts.












Kate enjoyed herself after a year and a half away from the Oregon Coast!



































This little fella watched us closely while we were parked near the beach.
I opened my door and he came right up to me, obviously used to being fed.

















Kate enjoyed the beach at Manzanita.


















We had a great lunch together at the "Bread and Ocean" deli in Manzanita. My sister, Candy, and me...
Kate, Mom and Candy



Such a fun day!










Kate and her Grandma

4 comments:

Candy Jane said...

Yes, a wonderful afternoon! The pics of Kate are so full of her spirit - especially the "LEAP"! You're lucky you don't have rabies - I can't believe you fed that WILD SQUIRREL our of your hand :)

creative side said...

Great photos Becky. Manzanita beach is where I've found the most heart rocks ever. It seems that the waves and rocks create the perfect place to make them.

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

Loved your pictures! Especially the one with the gull watching you feed the other little critter!!! Oh! AND the clowns in the van! Two peas in a pod I'd say! Looks as if Kate didn't miss a beat in the time she was away.

Unknown said...

i love the pictures of katie and grandma! they both look so sweet. :D