Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Long Journey Home

Brigham City Temple (taken shortly after we left our son's home)

We had a lovely trip home. We stopped at Shoshone Falls by Twin Falls, Idaho. We had stopped there one time before and decided it was worth a return trip.















Just before taking this picture, a crazy man had me take a picture of him while he walked out onto this "bridge" of ground:

A nearby stream...












It would be very unusual NOT to see antelope on the way home!


I saw this old abandoned barn and decided to have some fun with it. I was startled when a big white barn owl came flying out the front!


Can you spot the owl flying into a nearby tree? It entered a huge nest and was lost to my view. However, I discovered a couple of owl pellets at the bottom of the tree! Hmmmm...I wonder what this owl had for breakfast or dinner?
Inside of the barn...













An old garage...












Several China Pheasants were in a nearby field. When we stopped so I could take their pictures, they ran like crazy across the field!
An old wagon in Juntura, Oregon...











A curlew along side the road...

White-faced ibis. These birds have the most gorgeous feathers in burgundy and aqua! Click on the picture to see it close up!

No comments: