Friday, April 11, 2008

Making Ukrainian Eggs


I met Melody demonstrating Ukrainian eggs at "Ten Thousand Villages" in down-town Salem. I scheduled a class with her at my home, and a group of us had a very fun evening!










These are some of Melody's eggs.

Ryan, Lindsay, Kristin, Kate and I proceeded to learn about this beautiful art.



Ryan is heating a traditional kistka, a tool for applying wax to the egg.














I am starting my design.


Lindsay is ready to dye her egg in the first color.













Kate is applying wax to continue her design.




Kate is heating the wax so that she can remove it from her egg to reveal the many layers of design and color.












My finished egg!









Becky's egg.













Ryan's egg.














Krisin's egg.






















Katie's egg.















Kristin is tormenting Annie.

No comments: