Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm

A great way to spend a beautiful spring day is to visit the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm near Woodburn, Oregon.




It is not uncommon to see parents taking pictures of their children among the tulips.

A field full of sherbet ice cream!



















One beauty after another...


















This one looks like peppermint!





































It's almost a "color overload."










What do you think of this cow train? The kids sure loved it. The tractor driver drove into a grassy field next and made zig zags and circles, causing the children to squeal with glee.
































The raised bed displays near this windmill were spectacuar!








\








What nostalgia...an old steam tractor




A visual delight...


















Can you believe these fringed beauties?





























The parrot tulips were my favorites. These are called "Apricot Parrots."


































































































A honey bee was buzzing around inside of this tulip as if it were trapped.





















There were many activities for children. This swing is made from one tire turned inside out and cut into shapes like a horse.









These children were enjoying the ducky races using old-fashioned water pumps.



I couldn't resist this little cutie.














These were the greatest swings I'd ever seen!



Each child was strapped into a harness and had their very own trampoline!

There were several booths with vendors which I enjoyed, and the gift shops were very enticing.

I sure enjoyed my day!

7 comments:

creative side said...

That looks like enough good material to paint into the next century! What fun photos of the children and how great it is that the farm honors them too.

Candy Jane said...

Glorious!!! How difficult to choose a favorite - you have a whole new card series, there!

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

Okay, I must admit - you don't see scenes like that in my neck of the woods (I mean cacti, of course)! Thank you for sharing and giving me the pleasure of seeing all those beauties up close and personal. (Sort of.)

Megan said...

What a beautiful place! I hope someday that is what heaven is like! :)

Dad and Mom Mann said...

Those tulips (and the photos of them) are absolutely breathtaking. Does that farm grow them just for people to look at and enjoy?? or do they grow them for selling too????

All your pictures from April are so much fun to share. I'm on a real dinosaur of a computer while ours is getting fixed so I can't blog and I have much to share from April too. Soon I hope.

You have a beautiful family! :o) Isn't being a grandma just the best!!??

Farr & Co. - Est. 1999 said...

Wow, neat pictures... looks like a ton o fun. I'm sure the kids would enjoy it but Drew would be too busy picking flowers to look around.

Craven Family said...

Thank you for posting these pictures. They are stunning. I wanted to take Miss Peyton but she is in the "picking" and/or "smelling/trampling" stage.