Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rappelling!

Bill and I enjoy a young adult group we work with in our church. Yesterday we went rappelling with them at Shellburg Falls. It was a beautiful location, and everyone had a great time!


David Ward is reassuring me that my husband will be O.K. :)











Bill begins his descent...











































































Coming up the steep bank is no easy task!


I decide to give it a try. This is the hardest part for me. I need to trust Dave and the equipment, but that doesn't keep me from shaking and it doesn't keep my hands dry!



You can see the beautiful falls I am next to as I descend the cliff.




The group tells me to wave, but I'm not too sure I want to let go with my left hand!

















Almost at the bottom...












I tell Blair Bird, "I really can't believe I did that!"
Coming up the steep trail...



If you are interested in seeing more pictures of the area, or the group we work with, go to www.slm3rdbr.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

Dad and Mom Mann said...

What an adventure. I am very impressed by your accomplishment. I don't think I could ever do that.

creative side said...

Wow! Scary cliff, but beautiful view. Hurrah for your bravery!