Sunday, September 13, 2009

Serenity

There are few things we enjoy as much as going to the Ankeny Hill Wildlife Refuge. There are very few areas with water right now, but a couple small ponds still attract some waterfowl.




Greater Yellowlegs









What a beautiful world we live in!





Egrets are still regular visitors there.

Jesse likes to go there with us. He loves eating the blackberries!















He also likes Papa's hat. He thinks this is a fair trade.
Dandelions in seed are a great fascination to a little boy!




















Great Blue Heron


















Have you ever tried sneaking up on an egret?





They won't stay for long!


Peace and Serenity...

4 comments:

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

You take the most gorgeous pictures! Thank you so much!

creative side said...

I'm wanting to know what that new lens was that you got recently. It sure is wonderful in assisting an already powerful eye. I love visiting your blog. I'm so happy you get to spend this precious time with your daughter and grandson.

Candy Jane said...

Those precious photos of Jesse - what a treasure to cherish. I'm ready for an Ankeny adventure again. Or a calendar with all those photos!

Grace Elting Castle said...

I get excited when I see ONE egret, Becky! I have tried to sneak up on them, but the ones here are too quick for me. :-)

What lens did you get?