Thursday, January 14, 2010

Visiting Mom and Candy

Recently I made a visit to my Mom's. Candy has been visiting from Wisconsin, and we interviewed my mom on video tape. It was fun and interesting! I look forward to making a DVD that I can share with family. In the above picture, Mom is making faces at me as I take a picture of her house :-).

Candy and I decided to walk to the Art Space, a gallery in Bay City. We enjoyed a wonderful display of photographs taken by Dorothea Lang during the depression. The display included pictures taken in Oregon. Candy got a phone call from a grandson while we were there, and she took the time to sing "You Are My Sunshine" with Max.

Next we walked down on the boat dock where I got this picture of turnstones.

It's beautiful on the bay, no matter what time of the day or what season!















I just can't stop taking pictures of these characters!


Diane cooked a wonderful dinner at her house and invited us all up.












It was a real treat to be altogether with my mom and my siblings!


We also made another trip by the bay to see a new fire place that Terry built. He does such great work!












I've been looking at these pilings on the bay for years!



I never tire of the sights, sounds, and smells of the coast. This rock is just off Cape Meares.





















Even the cliffs are beautiful.
We watched a large fishing boat making its way along the coast.











Then we drove around Netarts Bay where I had to get another picture of a great blue heron!

1 comment:

Craven Family said...

I absolutely love the family photo. How nice it is to have all of you together. AND everyone's eyes are open!! Looks like you had a nice trip.