Sunday, March 11, 2012

Wenatchee, Washington


I never know where I'm going to end up when I go on a business trip with Bill. I had the car while he worked, so I went exploring. I ended up in this area called Swakane Canyon near Wenatchee, Washington. I was on a primitive dirt road, and there was no else in sight...at least not for a while. I enjoyed the scenery.






This area is the apple capital of the world, I think! I encountered some pretty old apple orchards with gnarly trees.













After traveling a few miles along the road I saw some pretty big tracks in the dirt. I wondered if it was cougar tracks and decided I should probably turn around. Later I looked online and realized they were the tracks of a pretty big dog
:-).

I can't resist taking pictures of birds...even common sparrows.

No comments: