Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Fun Day Fishing With My Husband Bill, and My Brother Chris

We started our morning very early on the south side of Tillamook Bay where we watched a beautiful sunrise!

 My brother Chris hooked a little jack salmon and passed the pole to me. He likes to do that :-).

 My little fish.

 We left that part of the bay and put the boat in at Garibaldi Dock where we saw this interesting ship.



 It is amazing to see how new docks are built.
 Heading out into the bay

 The old boat house in Garibaldi
 Coast Guard
 A brave kayaker

 Getting ready to fish out on the bar


 Watching people fish from the jetty


 I wasn't used to the current or the depth (sometimes 50 feet), and I got my gear a little tangled :-).

 Can't get away from our phones, even out on the ocean :-)
 Waves breaking on the south jetty
 We made a run around the buoy
 A flock of Common Muire
 Brown Pelican off the end of the north jetty
 We had some bites, but we didn't catch a fish. It was a fun adventure anyway :-).
Heading back in


 A view of the "Three Graces" from the ocean

The little jack "I" caught. We brought it home and grilled it for dinner...yum!!!!!!

No comments: