Friday, August 28, 2009

Portland Zoo

It was a fun day at the zoo with two of my daughters and a grandson!












This baby elephant just turned one year old.

The raptor demonstration was fabulous! As each raptor was released, it flew over the heads of the audience and perched near the crowd.

Barn Owl










Hooded Vulture



Bald Eagle...









an incredible raptor!













Screech Owl
Baby Kestrel















The zoo is well kept, and will soon be adding some more African species.































This little Lorikeet was chewing on Anne's fingers instead of drinking the nectar. Anne was giving it a little piece of her mind :-).

































2 comments:

Craven Family said...

You have been so busy. You are making me tired just viewing your photos. Our trip to the zoo was equally acventurous however exhausting for me (and only me). I can't believe I live so close to the Swan Island Dahlias and have never visited. BEAUTIFUL! Happy to see you able to spend time with your girls and grand-guy.

Candy Jane said...

The baby kestrel - oh my. I think I'm in love...