Friday, June 11, 2010

Memorial Day

Bill and I met Mom and Candy in Siletz to put flowers on graves. This is something we have done for years, and I always look forward to it. We ran into two of my cousins, Mitzi and Theresa, while we were at the Paul Washington Cemetery. Mom posed with them.











As we left, the girls began their tradition of cleaning and decorating the graves of their loved ones.


An impromptu lunch is always fun!











Candy, Mom and I at the grave sites of my Grandma and Grandpa Smith.
We enjoyed making bouquets to fit the personalities of those we love. This one was for Grandma Pearl Smith. She loved lavender.












This sterling rose and delicate woodsy bouquet was for my mom's sister, Margarette.
We headed up the Alsea to the property where Mom used to live.


















From there, Mom and Candy headed home up the coast highway, and Bill and I headed on up the Alsea River toward Corvallis. We discovered this wonderful old covered bridge.

We also discovered this beautiful old farmhouse.










These kids were coming home from a good time together. Can you see the fishing poles?
We stopped at this beautiful herb garden to take a quick look...definitely a place I will come back and visit!

1 comment:

creative side said...

The rituals in our lives are so important. It is nice that the graves of your loved ones are close by.