Monday, October 11, 2010

Crisp, Vibrant, Beautiful Fall

We have a magnificent view from on top of our hill, especially when there is morning fog.


Our late fall continues to provide us with raspberries and tomatoes. My mom decided to pick them for me during her last visit since I was unable to do so. I recently had foot surgery again which has kept me from doing any outdoor work for over 6 weeks!













The reason for the funny look is because I insisted that Mom use a cane to navigate our hillside. It is uneven and lumpy! She does not use a cane, so I imagine she did not think this picture was necessary :-).

Although I have not been able to do much outside, I can still grab my camera when there is a good subject nearby!

Hairy Woodpeckers rarely come this close to the house. I had to take this picture through my window in order to keep from scaring him away.

I was also able to sit down and sew with my daughter, Megan. She was expecting her baby very soon at the time of this picture. We had a lot of fun making this pinwheel quilt. We were surprised that it took us 2 days to make it, though!

No comments: