Friday, October 22, 2010

The Great Fisherwoman!

I finally went on a fishing trip with my brother Chris. You can see from this first picture that it was still dark when we launched into the bay. We get a VERY early start! It was a beautiful sight with all the boats and their lights.








Daylight arrived...
Guess who caught the first fish?!!! This was my first salmon. Would you believe I was wearing 6 layers in this picture, and boy was I glad! The fish was a buck and it wasn't too big, but did I care?!













Well, guess what? I hooked the second fish too, but I had to turn my pole over to a fellow fisherman (there were 4 of us in the boat) since the limit is one fish per person. These were the only two fish we caught that day! Chris said it was "beginners luck." :-)
The wind that came up was brisk, and the bay got pretty choppy, so Chris took us closer to shore.


















Oops...I got my line in the propeller! At least Chris was good- natured about it. You can still see a smile on his face :-).
What a mess!

















Baiting up again...
At one time a nasty little gull plucked the bait off my hook before I could get it to sink!
Cleaning off the scales...

What a trip! I told Chris he could take me along anytime! Can't wait till the "springers" come in!!!!!

2 comments:

Candy Jane said...

Six layers is minimum when on the bay in a boat! What fun, and beautiful fish. Lucky duck!

Craven Family said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing!