Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 1, 2013, An Amazing Day!



 On the first day of the year Bill and I decided we wanted to go somewhere where there was snow, so we headed toward the Little Northfork of the Santiam River. I saw an Egret among the sheep in this field near our home and decided I needed a picture.

 There was a lot of frost, so I played with my macro lens.


 We stopped at Salmon Falls and walked down the trail to get a better view.

Beautiful trail to the falls

 The mossy trees were gorgeous, especially in the late afternoon light.

 This is Salmon Falls framed by the surrounding trees and vegetation.

 We drove to Three Pools on Opal Creek and headed down to the river.
 Three Pools is one of Oregon's most beautiful destinations.






 Bill's walking stick is balancing on the ice.





 As we headed home, I snapped this old barn.

 I saw a large bird fly across the road, and when Bill stopped the car I realized it was an owl! I was pleased to get a couple pictures before it flew away. It was a Barred Owl. I cannot think of a better way we could have spent our day!

1 comment:

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

Amazing photography. You really captured your environment!