Sunday, January 27, 2013

William Finley Wildlife Refuge


 Bill and I had a nice little break this last Saturday as we drove through the William Finley Wildlife Refuge. We had never been there before. We really enjoyed it!

I truly cannot resist another heron picture.
 I love licorice fern. This old gnarled oak was nicely decorated with them.


A heron looks pretty funny when it is looking at you straight on!
 Robins have BEAUTIFUL color in the winter, and this was the most killdeer I've seen in one place. There were several of them clustered around a bunch of mole hills. I wonder what the relationship is?


I cannot resist pictures of reflections. We saw many birds, ponds and trails. We cannot wait to go back when the weather is better. These pictures were all taken from our car!

No comments: