Friday, April 5, 2013

Anniversary Trip to Depot Bay

Harbor Seals
 Bill and I had a nice anniversary on the Oregon Coast. We stayed at the Channel House in Depot Bay, and these were evening views from our hotel room. Harbor seals were settling in for the night across the channel, and we could see homes on the cliff looking south.
 If you click on this picture and look at the boat closely, I'll make a bet with you that the woman in the green coat is sea sick. That would be me a few years back when we made this same trip out into the ocean from this channel. Never again!
 We don't usually get to see this view of the boats entering Depot Bay Harbor.
 Cormorants
 Fogerty Beach, our favorite of course
 Texture is beautiful!
 Fossils
 Put the phone away!
 Intriguing rock formations
 A pool of tiny limpets
 Shallow caves
 Put the phone away!

 I can see my next meal!







 As I mentioned earlier, texture is beautiful...

 and so is color!


 This looks like someone's teeth embedded in the cliff!
You will see the most unusual things on this beach. Bill says, "What's this 'ere?" Haha!
 Becky


 Notice our winter clothes :-)



 Water runoff...
 emptying into the ocean
 We watched a nesting pair of eagles.

 This one caught a fish in the surf!
 Gathering nesting materials

 Our room

 The best fudge on the Oregon Coast (almost; I really like the fudge at Seal Rock!)

 Raspberry chocolate and penuche...it was fabulous!
 This is Sammy the gul. We read about him in the journal filled in by guests. He was very friendly, so I couldn't help but feed him the strawberries I washed and sliced for us to snack on :-). I didn't even know guls liked strawberries.
 Logging truck on the bridge...an Oregon "fixture"
 Enjoying the jacuzzi on the deck...
even in the rain! I'd make that trip again any time!!!!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Looks like you had a fabulous and relaxing time! And what a lovely room! I laughed outloud at the ear rock. Hahah. Hope you guys get to do something like this again soon!