Sunday, November 30, 2008

Final Project

O.K., so this was a very different experience for me. I've never done an abstract before, but I decided to try something new. Our final assignment was to choose a famous artist to learn about, and make a poster about this individual with a color copy of a famous piece. I chose Robert Delaunay, a french artist, and the piece was called Circular Forms (Circulaires), painted in 1930. We could copy the picture using acrylics, copy a portion of the picture, or make up our own. I decided to make up my own. We had to use the colors from the original picture and copy some of the techniques. My color scheme is predominately a triad of the primary colors (red, yellow and blue). I would like to do a similar piece, perhaps using very pale colors so I could do calligraphy on top.

No comments: