Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Day With My Honey

 Bill and I made a trip to the coast to spend a day together. We started at the docks in Newport, OR.

 Here I am filming textures again :-).

 This is one of my favorite pictures. I's those colors and textures :-).
 It was gorgeous at Yaquina Head just north of Newport. I especially enjoyed the wildflowers.

 There are no trails to this part of the site, but oh to be a bird!
 I wonder how many times I've posted this same shot :-).

 Yaquina Head has these wonderful, smooth, round rocks from all the pounding of the surf. However, they are not easy to walk on!
 Gorgeous tide pools full of urchin and anemones

 These were the only two star fish (sea stars) that we saw. Sadly, there has been a bacteria or virus that has destroyed them on the Washington, Oregon and California coasts. I understand they will come back again. I sure hope so!


 It's amazing how these monkey flowers will grow right out of the rocks!
 These eggs from different shore birds were laid out for the public to observe.
 We sat on the rocks and threw some of them at nearby targets (don't worry, none of them were birds or people :-). We're never too old to have a little fun!

No comments: