Friday, July 25, 2014

Learning How to Shoot Hummers

 My neighbor Vic invited me to come to his garden to learn how to shoot hummers. I finally got to use my new "side kick" and I also borrowed his "beamer" which extended my flash.





 There is a bee in this picture instead of a hummer :-).
 Goldfinch
 Black-capped Chickadee
 Black-headed Grosbeak
 We tried to capture hummers in his little fountain, but there were no takers.
 It looks like this hummer is doing a little dance, but it is keeping close watch on another interested hummingbird close by!


I had a good time and appreciated my neighbor's generosity :-).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello fellow Cascadia Indian Cave hiker. Loved opening your blog to find wonderful photos of Hummingbirds right off the bat. Nice photos. What a treat! They are the most interesting of creatures to me. I am looking so forward to scrolling through all of your blog and photos. Thank you for sharing. (Deanna)

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures. Hummingbirds are my favorite type of birds. :D