Friday, June 6, 2008

Flower Gardens near Salem, June 5, '08


Sit back and prepare for a visual feast! Yesterday I took my friend Colleen to the Addlemans Peony Gardens and the Shriners Iris Gardens near Brooks, OR. The rain didn't stop us, and I had a delightful time taking pictures under an umbrella.



Look at the size and color of these blooms!




























































While looking at this picture, my daughter Kristin said she expected a little fairy to pop out.













Nature's paintbrush!













The Iris Gardens had a large variety of flowers.




Like I said, the rain didn't stop us :). We almost had the whole garden to outselves!














It doesn't get prettier than this
...peonies mixed with
columbines






























There was an amazing variety of irises.















This is called a Fringe Tree.
























Lupin







Oriental Poppies























Pink Dogwood
















More Lupin





























Columbines are one of my favorites.





More poppies































Delphinium






































This was one of my favorite irises.






























This was a gorgeous peony.















Buckets of irises for sale made a beautiful display.









1 comment:

Megan said...

I cannot believe some of the pictures you got! They are incredible!! In one of the pictures it almost looks unrealistic they are so beautiful! I would have loved to see those.