Thursday, May 13, 2010

BYU Family History Conference

While I was in Utah, I attended a Family History Conference in Salt Lake City. It was a great experience for me, and I learned a lot about how to search for my ancestors. I also attended a great fireside in the historic Tabernacle on Temple Square.



The conference was held in the Salt Palace next to Temple Square, so during lunch I walked over to the temple and enjoyed my lunch while sitting on a bench and watching people go by.


At the end of the conference I attended a special performance by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. There were two speakers, President Eyring and David McCullough (author of 1776, John Adams, Trueman...). We watched 4 very moving films about people from the past. It's probably the best performance I've ever attended.



After returning home, I visited my mom and took these digital pictures of my Grandfather Lester Smith as an infant and as a young man with his brother Cosby. I didn't have either of these pictures, so I was pleased to get them. I have also been trying to use the things I've learned to continue searching for ancestors.


No comments: