Thursday, May 13, 2010

Visiting Mom

I recently had a very nice visit with my mom. We talked a lot and laughed a lot. We enjoyed her yard, garden and flowers. We went through the back gate and walked to the bottom of her back yard to enjoy the wildflowers that were in bloom.













These irises came from a start that Mom gave to her mother when she was 12.















Dad's "prize" azalea! It's my favorite.


Mom's frog has been in her front yard forever! Recently, Anne and Matt added this chunk of driftwood. They're plan is to actually take it home one day (good luck with that!)


We enjoyed driving to the jetty at Barview. Mom wanted me to see the huge rocks they have been collecting to re-cap the jetty.

It's difficult to get a perspective as to how big these rocks actually are. Only one rock is hauled at a time on a big flat bed truck. I'd like to see how these rock are transported to the end of the jetty!


This is looking out at the end of the north jetty.

We drove to Rockaway and went up Pacific View. I had never driven up to the houses on top of the hill. The view was spectacular, but I didn't care for how steep the roads were. It was a beautiful day, and a fun visit with my mom.

No comments: