Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hulda Klager Lilac Garden

Recently I visited the Hulda Klager Lilac Garden in Woodland, Washington with my daughter Megan and my grandson Jesse.


The house has been preserved as a museum, and it is like "walking back in time."














A woman was playing the harp in the living room as we went through, and a 3 or 4 year old visitor sang "Do-Ra-Mi" to the music. She did a wonderful job!


I loved the bathroom with its old fashioned tub, Victorian furnishings, and soft light.



This was a beautiful wood stove!


































On the porch rested this cute little fairy sculpture. I would like one of these :-).


Little boys cannot pass up a drinking fountain!


































Some of them even like to smell flowers!
Speaking of flowers, the lilacs were indescribable!
















Lilacs come in so many different colors and varieties...



















Little boys like to explore...

A fairy fountain...I'd like one of these too!!!!



































Savoring the moment!
This was probably my favorite variety of lilac. It was a delicate pink with very dainty blooms.













White lilacs are also very delicate and lacy.













































A fairy with a bouquet...I'd like this one too!


I purchased a lilac similar to this one when I visited this garden several years ago. It is now in full bloom in my yard!

























Several sticks were picked up and later discarded.































Little boys are fun to tickle!















Playing with iPhoto :-)











I love this tree! It was about half this size the last time I was here.














More exploring...

Taking a rest before we leave...

















...but not too tired to jump...

















and jump!


"Come and get me Grandma!"















We met Bill and Anne for lunch in Portland afterward.


Jesse: "I love you Papa."
Papa: "I love you too Jesse."

2 comments:

Megan said...

cute. you have captured my little man quite well with these series of photos. Beautiful pictures of the lilacs too!

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh, my heart melted at the picture of Bill with Jesse! I love the pictures! So beautiful.