Saturday, February 21, 2009

Another Visit to Ankeny Wildlife Refuge!

We just can't seem to stay away from this place! I hobbled around in my "post op" shoe and had a delightful time!

Egret



The Pussy Willows are in bloom!















Candy is naming off all of the ducks she sees!

This is a Bufflehead giving its wings a little flap.








It is fun to drive past farmers' fields...


What in the world?









What is it?
Now if that isn't just graceful!











What a dust bath!
There's still some up my nose!!!











At another view point we saw this male Ruddy Duck.


A male Shoveler.









We caught this glimpse of a juvenile Redtail!




Even the bloomed out cat tails were beautiful.













This Towhee is enjoying wintered over apples!



A bright Robin takes his turn.











The Canada Geese were plentiful...


Another young Redtail...or is it a chicken up in the tree?

2 comments:

Anne said...

Pretty pics mom! Wish I could have joined you at Ankeny!

Question: Are you sure about the Eagle..? Compare the profile of your first pic to both the juv eagle and redtail in Sibley. I think the beak is too small, and the markings are more like a hawk.

I loved your ruddy duck. Aren't they cute!

Anne

Megan said...

tehehe. I know all those ducks!! Yay I feel so smart. Watch out Anne. I have been studying them! When I move up there will be some serious competition