Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Special Visit!

I drove to the coast this last weekend to visit my mom and to pick up my sister so she could spend some time with my while I recovered from some foot surgery. My brothers came for dinner and the 5 of us realized that it was probably the first time since high school that just the 4 of us had been together to visit with Mom!


We had a wonderful dinner of clams, potatoes and salad.




Terry's wife Diane didn't come down because she wasn't feeling well, but she still sent these wonderful Eastern Clams that she took the time to cook for us!

We also had some razor clams that Chris and his wife Bev had dug in Washington a few weekends earlier (they had been frozen).

Terry showed us some of his recent arrowhead finds. He has a side business trapping moles and he actually found one of these on the top of a mole hill!












We visited Chris
and Bev the next day and admired the green house that Chris was building with the help of his neighbor.







Mom and Bev













We also visited a home where Terry was laying a block wall in preparation for some stone work. Each of these buckets contains about 100 pounds of river rock.
This shows where Terry started laying the rock at the intersection of the two retaining walls.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I am SOOOOOOOO jealous about those arrow heads. And those clams are making me DROOL!

Anne