Thursday, September 19, 2013

Time at the Coast With a Special Friend


 I just came back from a couple days at the coast with one of my best friends. We've know each other since we were both 6 years old! Our hotel looked out over the ocean where we watched beautiful sunsets and shore birds. I enjoyed capturing this couple on the beach the first night we stayed. First I got a quick picture with my phone (picture just above with fisherman on the beach) and then we rushed to our hotel where I took the rest of the pictures.
 It was a magnificent sunset!

 Madeline enjoyed the view at Yaquina Head. We saw many pelicans on this trip, and I captured a few cormorants as well. Earlier we stopped at Depot Bay where we watched a pod of about 5 whales spouting and rolling in the water!



We went to one of my favorite art galleries in Salishan. Madeline loved the glass sculptures.


 Madeline had never been to the Oregon Coast Aquarium, so that was one of our stops.











One evening when we ate out, Madeline had a beautiful crab salad. It's difficult to see in this picture, but it was a work of art!
 Another magnificent sunset...

 These pictures are not enhanced!
 We woke up at 5:30am to enjoy a harvest moon. We watched it for a few hours as it moved across the sky and continually changed the colors of the ocean and sky. These are the actual colors we saw!







 Pelicans

 Fading away...
 We drove to Cascade Head and captured this heron in a tree above us.

 It was still morning and there were many fisherman at the head of the river. These two took along a companion :-).
 We stopped at Basket Slough on the way home and captured this Egret and these Yellow Legs below.
This was a very fun trip for me, not only because we saw so many wonderful  things, but because I got to spend time with a very special friend!

No comments: