Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Art Project

I have been blogging for ONE WHOLE DAY, PLUS!! There were so many posts to catch up on that some are already archived! I am finally caught up!!!! Please take the time to look at them! Most of them are short, and I don't write much. I wanted to share our many interesting experiences during the month of December. They are: Flying to Utah, The Treehouse, Grandkids, Antelope Island (Yep, we went there again!), Driving Home, Christmas Tree, Ice Pictures, Power Outage, Hungry Deer, etc.

This is the last thing Megan, Anne and I did together. I just finished a color design class using acrylics, and I shared some of what I learned with these two. We painted some Celtic Zoomorphic ornaments which are supposed to depict that nothing is as it first appears. The Celts forbade the copying or portraying of the works of the creator and considered animals and birds sacred, so they depicted them in highly stylized and abstracted representations. We painted so long that the guys had to pick up Chinese Food for all of us! It was a lot of fun.

This is my painting.

3 comments:

creative side said...

It is so good to see what you have been up to. After hearing about your really bad cold I was worried about you. It looks to me like it was a very wonderful December. I'm still unpacking boxes!

Dad and Mom Mann said...

What a fantastic December you had!! Your art work is truly beautiful. The Celts would be proud. Happy New Year, Becky and family!!

Steffanie said...

Hey Farr's

I hope everything is going great. Maybe one day we will be able to spend Christmas with you guys. Hope to hear from you guys soon.