Monday, January 5, 2009

Driving Home From Utah

Driving home from Utah is always an interesting drive. Bill picked up Katie from college in Rexburg Idaho and they joined me at Will and Julie's. After Will and Julie arrived home we only had one evening with them before heading home because we were concerned about the weather. We had some icy conditions here and there but we did fine, even without traction tires or chains.


Fog and snow always make a beautiful picture.












Snow on basalt makes a great texture picture.


You can laugh all you want, but I call this my "misery" picture. I had a terrible cold and cough and wanted to document how awful I felt, so I took a picture of myself with my phone (while trying to look as miserable as possible).


Bill was kind enough to reel off a bunch of toilet paper at the rest stop so I could take care of my cold. However it was a little embarrassing as he carefully folded it into a neat little bundle.









Entering Baker

Bill will want to strangle me for posting this picture, but I get a kick out of his little headlamp that he uses for anything and everything. We finally stopped at a hotel in The Dalles and this was Bill's opportunity to relax after so many hours of driving (notice the ipod he also has in his ear!)

1 comment:

Megan said...

you crack me up! Your misery picture made me laugh really hard! You guys were lucky to have made it home so safely